The Importance of Making Appointments and Keeping Them – 6 strength Quote…
You may not mind if you use the whole day at the office entertaining people dropping in when they feel like. These may be customers, suppliers, friends and colleagues. You might not have a choice because your day is not structured. What about at home, when you want to use quality time with family, loved ones or a loved one? It can be quite disrupting because if you are a busy person like me who relishes already the time to have nothing on my schedule except rest to not have some sort of order in life that determines who sees you and who you see. Appointments are important and they have many benefits. I proportion some useful nuggets in this article.
1. Some people do not have time for order and they may not already possess a diary to record all their commitments, so they yes to everything and everyone only to disappoint most if not all of those people because of without of order.
2. It is important to make appointments because it saves time and money in the time of action. You would have set apart and allocated that time to a specific meeting or activity allowing good management of the resource called time.
3. A person who manages their time by making appointments thereby controlling access ultimately manages their life. You cannot manage life without managing time.
4. Ensuring that you set apart valuable time for someone who is obtainable is crucial to your success. Imagine a sales person calling on people who are not obtainable the whole day because he did not make arrangements to see them.
5. Making and keeping appointments demonstrates the respect and honor you have for other people and shows that you do not take them for granted.
6. You may be confused as to who you should make appointments with. You can make appointments whether it is business or personal or already maybe with yourself sometimes.
You can dramatically enhance your productivity if you develop the discipline of making appointments and scheduling and sticking to the times that you have allocated to those specific activities. It creates order and structure in your life. I have discovered that those who are busy and keep a diary always dictate the level of access to them. It is also true that you have to fit into their timetable because they are organized and they prioritize. Make appointments, starting today and I will see you at the top.